This year’s International Women’s Day theme is all about equity, which includes providing individuals with the necessary resources and support to achieve success.
At Forrester Sylvester Mackett Solicitors we have a strong staff of women in both fee earning and support roles. The FSM workforce is 80% female across all six offices.
We are proud of our commitment to learning and development and currently we have 10 women in fee earning positions who we have supported or are currently supporting through training programmes to progress to the next level of their career.
- Hiba Bellahrach qualified as a Licensed Conveyancer in 2016 and hopes to continue expanding her professional development.
- Alisha Stephens completed her CILEx Level 6 Diploma in Legal Practice and is currently waiting for her application to be approved to become a Probate Practitioner and Chartered Legal Executive.
- Clare Dyer is in the process of completing the SQE route to being a solicitor and hopes to qualify in 2024.
- Lucy Buttle has completed the Family Mediators Association foundation training programme in 2022 and is now working towards full accreditation as a Family mediator.
- Sofia Seferi is currently doing the Legal Practice Course.
- Kayleigh Bartlett joined the firm in June 2014 then began training with the firm September 2018. She completed Level 4 and 6 Diplomas in Conveyancing Law and Practice and then went on to complete training and qualify as a Licensed Conveyancer in June 2022.
- Anna Row has completed the Family Mediators Association foundation training programme in 2022 and is now working towards full accreditation as a Family mediator.
- Georgia Ashman joined FSM Solicitors in September 2021 as a Family Law Assistant. She has recently started her training contract with the firm (September 2022) after completing the Legal Practice Course (LPC) and LLM at the University of Law where she was awarded a Distinction.
- Jessica Belletty started her training contract in 2020 and will qualify as a Solicitor in Spring 2023.
- Naomi Corp is following the CILEx route and hopes to qualify as a Legal Executive in 2024.
Paralegal, Clare Dyer said:
“I am in the process of completing my SQE route to being a solicitor and I hope to qualify in 2024. As well as allowing me periods of study leave before exams, the firm also support me with opportunities to work with experienced colleagues and a strong mentor.
Alongside studying, FSM Solicitors is also helping to ensure that I am ticking all the right boxes to complete my qualifying work experience (2 years of training). It is a great firm to work for.”
FSM Solicitors has three female partners, Jane Healey in Frome, Rachel Saunders, and Emily Goringe in Swindon.
FSM Partner, Emily Goringe said:
“It is important for young members of staff to see that women are respected and listened to within the higher levels of our profession. Only the other day, a colleague said it was inspiring to work in a firm with a strong female presence at partner level.”
FSM Partner, Rachel Saunders said:
“We are really proud to support and encourage our talented group of female lawyers at the start of their careers. But it is important to recognise that the backbone of the British law firm has, for decades, been women acting in a supporting role, often very skilled but not always recognised for the contribution that they have made. Women continue to be vital to the success of the legal profession, at all levels.”