Transfers of equity involve changing the ownership of property, and are sometimes dealt with at the same time as a re-mortgage transaction.
Reasons to make a transfer of equity include:
- Wishing to add your spouse to the title of your property after getting married
- Re-mortgaging your property where the Lender requires a change of property ownership
- Changing ownership because of a divorce or separation, or for tax planning purposes
Our commitment to you
We will always take a balanced and measured approach to all of the issues involved in your transfer of equity and guide you through the process with clear, practical advice.
When we advise you on a transfer of equity, our expert and experienced team will:
- Look at all of the circumstances surrounding your transfer of equity transaction
- Take into account all taxation issues, including Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Ensure your transaction progresses smoothly and quickly
- Keep you fully informed of progress in the transaction at all times
- Because all transfer of equity transactions are different, you will always get advice that:
- Is tailored to your individual needs and circumstances
- Helps you achieve your aim as quickly as possible
Remortgages & Refinancing
Many of our clients seek to remortgage or refinance, whether in relation to their home, an investment property or a portfolio of properties. Often such steps are taken simply to reduce outgoings and pay less interest. Sometimes, the aim is to raise finance for another venture or the refinancing may form part of a broader asset planning strategy. We can offer a competitive fixed price service whatever the reasons for refinancing.
What you must always remember
Whatever your reason for re-mortgaging, you must always remember that:
- A mortgage will be secured against your home
- You risk losing your home if you default on a mortgage
So it is extremely important that you:
- Are fully aware of all the implications of re-mortgaging your property
- Make the choices that are right for you
At Forrester Sylvester Mackett we will always put your interests first and be acting solely and independently for you. Should any other legal issues arise during your transaction, we will always make sure you are kept fully informed.